Skip to content
What do I need to know…
- Wait at least 2 hours from your last meal before you practice.
- We arrive at least 10-15 minutes before each lesson. Late admission disturbs the balance of other practitioners.
- Remove your shoes at the entrance, keep your voice low and switch off or lower your mobile phones.
- Relaxation and calmness are the result of various factors.
- We wear comfortable and loose clothes.
- In Mysore courses enter and leave the studio with due respect to the rest of the practitioners who have already started or who are still practising.
- Avoid intense aromas, after shave, strong deodorants because during the practice they are boosted from the heat and are likely to create a problem in the breathing of other trainees.
- Also moisturizing creams and lotions create slipperiness on the mat, making it difficult to practice.
- In the led classes, do not leave studio during relaxation because you will disrupt the calmness and relaxation of your classmates. If, however, there is a serious reason to leave, inform the instructor at the beginning of the course.
- Inform us if health issues that have arisen other than what you have already mentioned in your registration form.
- Keep your course schedule steady so you can get more benefits out of it.
- Distance yourself from everyday activities so you can focus internally.
- Breathe deeply, let the breath deepen the asana experience.
- Respect your body’s limits in every asana – be conscious of the point that you can stay firmly breathing deep.
- Proceed with patience, understanding and awareness – our limits can change during practice and from lesson to lesson.
- Find the balance and the sense of ease/comfort of every asana.
- Awareness of breathing, awareness of thoughts and feelings during practice. If the mind wonders, we bring it back to our practice.
What I don’t need to do…
- Force yourself into an asana.
- Worry if you perform the asana perfectly, especially if you are a beginner.
- Being critical of yourself.
- Hurrying between asana.
- Compare yourself with others.