Knowing and understanding your primary Dosha is the first step in Ayurvedic healing. Your Dosha refers to your unique, specific collection of personality traits, characteristics, physiological processes, and more, and it falls predominantly into one of these types: Vata, Kapha & Pitta. Each of these three mind, body, and spirit descriptors have certain tendencies, habits, and ways of being that separate them from the other types. Once you understand your type, as well as your less predominant types, you’ll be better able to spot an imbalance and know what to do to put your three Doshas back in harmony.
No two people are alike; therefore, no two treatments will be exactly the same. If you would like to learn more about your Dosha & Ayuverda, we suggest you visit and Ayuverdic doctor which will get a full picture of your imbalances and will give you a program & tips to improve your state.
Now, it’s time to determine your Dosha. Take the quiz to determine your predominant dosha energy. If two answers apply, choose the one that resembles you most of the time. There is a total of 20 questions.
1. My body type can be best described as:
2. Which describes your weight maintenance?
3. My skin type can best described as:
4. I find routine to be:
5. When it comes to planning activities:
6. When I speak:
7. I sleep:
8. When stressed, my demeanour tends to be:
9. My body temperature runs:
10. The weather I like the least:
11. My appetite is:
12. My thirst is:
13. When it comes to spending money:
Mostly As are Vata. Mostly Bs are Pitta. Mostly Cs are Kapha. It is possible to have Blended Doshas in which you should check if you scored really close in 2 categories and you can check the blended doshas section to find more about it.
(Use of extracts from the book The Easy Ayurveda Cookbook: An Ayurvedic Cookbook to Balance Your Body, Eat Well, and Still Have Time to Live Your Life)
- Bring the Mindful Pause (Pause Practice) into your Life - May 11, 2020
- Learn the Ujjayi Breath - February 17, 2019
- The Story of the Buddha & the Discovery of Mindfulness - November 18, 2018